training and materials
The Detroit/Wayne County Talking is Teaching: Talk, Read, Sing Community Campaign has been built to increase everyone’s knowledge about the importance of talking and interacting with young children beginning at birth. Reinforcing messaging, skill building, esteeming adults for what they are already doing and working together to help each of us do more are the critical elements of this Campaign.
This training will offer participants:
- An overview of the National Talking is Teaching: Talk, Read, Sing Community Campaign, designed by Too Small to Fail.
- An overview of the Detroit/Wayne County Talking is Teaching Campaign, part of the national effort.
- Research and rationale supporting the Campaign.
- A review of materials developed for the Detroit/Wayne County Campaign and materials available through the National “Talking is Teaching” Campaign. Discussion on how to utilize these materials.
- Specific training on how to facilitate the 30 minute Parent/Family Education and Empowerment Session.
- Evaluating our work.
- How to obtain additional support and/or materials.
- Pertinent Research