Must be Medicaid Eligible
The goal of Harambee Care MIHP is to support Medicaid beneficiaries in order to promote healthy pregnancies, positive birth outcomes, and infant health and development. MIHP services are intended to supplement medical (prenatal and infant) care.
Harambee Care MIHP provides care coordination and intervention services, focusing on the mother-infant dyad. Care coordination services are provided by a registered nurse and licensed social worker, one of whom is designated as the Care Coordinator. After administration of a maternal or infant risk identifier, intervention services are provided based on the beneficiary's particular needs or risks. The Care Coordination will consist of the following:
- Psychosocial and nutritional assessment
- Plan of Care development
- Access to community birth doula
- Professional intervention services
- Maternal and infant health and nutrition education
- Childbirth Education classes
- Parenting Education classes.
- Transportation to WIC and Childbirth Education/Parenting Education classes as needed
- Referrals to community services (e.g., mental health, substance abuse, etc.)
- Coordination with other medical care providers and Medicaid Health Plans (MPHs)
n an effort to reduce infant mortality and the alarming health disparities, Harambee Care strongly encourages breastfeeding. Harambee Care makes referrals for breastfeeding support to community resources.
Ages and Stages Screening
Ages and Stages Questionnaires (ASQ) is a tool used to screen for developmental and social-emotional delays in early childhood and can begin as early as one month old. We administer age appropriate screenings at regular intervals throughout our time with the family. It’s a great resource to use with our parents because it not only help identify problem areas but also shows our families that we care about their child’s well-being. When problem areas are identified, we refer the family to Early On and/or an Infant Health Specialist. Our goal is to provide the best interventions that will result in the success of the child and the family overall.
In Addition To MIHP Services
Harambee Care believes in addressing the health of the entire family and systems affecting the family. We aim to do this through education and support:
- Infant Mortality Classes
- Infant Safe Sleep, Train the Trainer
- BodyWorks, 8 session workshops
- Health Literacy
- Child Seat Safety Checks
Do you have additions or updates for this organization? Please let us know!