9540 Conant, Hamtramck, MI 48212
Eligibility: To be eligible to receive food you must be a low-income resident of the 48212 zip code. To register as a client, you must bring the following:
- State of Michigan Identification card or a valid driver’s license that shows you live in the 48212 - zip code area.
- Proof of income from everyone in the household (18 yrs. or older) Examples of Income are: pay stub, social security benefits, Dept. of Human Services cash assistance, pensions, child support, etc.
- Medicaid cards or birth certificates for every child in your household under the age of 18.
Bring the above documents to Detroit Friendship House any Tuesday or Thursday between 10 am and 4pm, or Saturday between 9 am and Noon to register.
Once registered, you are eligible to receive food once per month after your initial visit.
Description: Friendship House is a faith-based non-profit organization located in Hamtramck that serves as a compassionate ministry, strengthening families through community connections and offering help with basic human needs to residents, such as food and clothing, and providing assistance in gaining the tools necessary to achieve self-sufficiency.
The only food pantry in Hamtramck, Detroit Friendship House provides approximately 2,200 meals per month to Hamtramck residents.
Friendship House tries to take some of the burden off our client’s shoulders by providing a Santa Toy Shop every year. Right before Christmas, we setup our facility’s lobby with toys donated to us by generous benefactors to look like a Christmas Toy Shop.
We also operate a Clothes Closet on site and give hundreds of articles of clothing away every year – including men’s, women’s, children’s, and baby clothes, hats, gloves, scarves, shoes, and boots. Also, several household items, toiletries, and accessories.
- Registration: Tuesday or Thursday between 10 am and 4pm, or Saturday between 9 am and Noon
- Food Distribution: Tuesdays 3:30 to 4:30 pm, Thursdays 1:00 to 3:30 pm, Saturdays 9 am to Noon
Helpful Tip: You will receive a Harvest Card immediately and are eligible to receive food that same day if you choose. However, to receive food the same day you register, you must be at Detroit Friendship House during the hours of distribution listed below. In other words, if you register at 10 am on a Tuesday, you will not receive food that day until 3:30 through 4:45pm. This applies to Thursdays as well. The food is only available during the distribution hours listed below, regardless of what time you register for the program.
Services Provided: Emergency Food, Food Pantry, Clothing, Holiday Assistance, Self Care Items