17321 Telegraph Rd Detroit, Michigan 48219
Eligibility: Please call to inquire.
Description: The Early Childhood and Family Services program provides for a full range of prevention, early intervention and treatment services for families with young children from pregnancy through age five.
We believe that a child’s earliest relationships and care provides the foundation for healthy growth and development. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing services that nurture, strengthen and empower parents & caregivers, promote positive attachment relationships and encourage the development of young children to their highest potential.
Early Childhood Programs:
- EARLY ON - Developmental assessment, home visits and service coordination for children under age three with developmental delays.
- COUNSELING SERVICES - Birth to age six, home visiting program to provide support and nurture healthy social, emotional development.
- EARLY HEAD START/HEAD START - For expectant women, infants, toddlers, preschoolers ages birth to five. Help your child be ready for school with the best possible start in the early years … and much more! Home based and center based early childhood care and education, health and family services.
- GREAT START READINESS PROGRAM (GSRP) - The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) is Michigan’s state-funded preschool program for four-year-old children. Center based education available.
- SAY & PLAY WITH WORDS - An initiative to raise awareness and improve vocabulary for children under age 5 and their families in the Brightmoor community.
- BRIGHTMOOR CHILDCARE QUALITY INITIATIVE - Training and consultation for a network of licensed caregivers of children birth to age five in the Brightmoor community.
- BRIGHTSTARS - Free play and learn groups for parent and child. Options include Parents As Teachers home visits, and playgroups – birth to age four.
- WRAPAROUND - Working with the most at-risk youth, Wraparound is tailored towards building strengths, promoting success, safety and permanency in home, school and the community.
INTEGRATED HEALTH - Development Centers Integrated Health Clinic will offer a cohesive service delivery system where individuals with both mental and physical health issues can get the care they need and deserve without the complications associated with multiple locations, doctors and treatment plans. Same day or scheduled appointments for both children and adults seeking non-emergency physical health care will be available.
Our housing programs strive to promote long-term community stability in the lives of those who are homeless and who suffer with a severe and persistent mental illness.
We assist over 3,000 individual enrollees with their quest to obtain work and become self sufficient. Today, we are proud to be doing even more to assist our consumers in overcoming common roadblocks and to help find meaningful employment.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Helpful Tips: Call ahead to schedule an assessment appointment.
Services Provided: Health Care, Affordable Housing, Great Start Readiness Program, Job Search and Resume Help, Early Literacy, Early Head Start, Head Start, Wraparound, Early On