Advantage Health Centers - Bell Community Health Center
882 Oakman Blvd, Detroit, MI 48238
Please use call center at: 313-416-6262.
Live in Detroit and are a pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum mother. Also serve infants and children.
Advantage Health Centers offers a breastfeeding support program that is FREE and open to moms in Detroit. We provide breastfeeding education classes, breastfeeding support groups, and one on one support. We are located at the Thea Bowman Community Health Center in Detroit. We provide transportation and we welcome support persons and children. Transportation assistance is available at no cost. Moms and their champions can earn gift cards and also baby bucks which can be used for resources in our mom/baby store.
Advantage Health Centers offer free breastfeeding support groups and individual one-on-one outpatient counseling.
The following services are available directly at one of the five (5) AHC sites, or by referral to a participating partner.
- Family Medicine Residency Program
- Medical care for adults and children
- Screening for HIV, breast and cervical cancer
- Flu Shots ($10 for the public)
- Prescription assistance
- Social work services
- Family planning
- Laboratory services
- HIV testing and counseling
- TB testing
- Referral to substance abuse treatment
- Referral to mental health treatment
- Assistance in locating emergency/temporary housing, shelter
- Pre-employment and sports physicals
- Behavioral Health services (on-site)
- Women’s Health services
- Dental Care
Free breastfeeding support every Tuesday from 10 AM - 2 PM.
Monday - Friday
9 AM - 5 PM