ACC (ARAB AMERICAN AND CHALDEAN COUNCIL) - LAPPIN
14061 Lappin, Detroit, MI 48205
The WIC program serves low-income, nutritionally at risk:
- Pregnant women (through pregnancy and up to 6 weeks after birth or after pregnancy ends).
- Breastfeeding women (up to infant’s 1st birthday)
- Non-breastfeeding postpartum women (up to 6 months after the birth of an infant or after pregnancy ends)
- Infants (up to 1st birthday).
- Children up to their 5th birthday.
Program services provide:
- A minimum of 4 nutrition education encounters offered each year for each WIC client in the family
- Nutrition counseling sessions, given by a Registered Dietitian for all clients determined to be at “High-Risk” by the WIC Nutrition Specialist.
- Nutritious foods offered on a WIC EBT Card
- Breastfeeding support to all women, including free manual breast pumps, electric pumps available for free to working/moms attending school if exclusively breastfeeding and on loan and at discounted price.
- Iron-fortified infant formula for clients up to the infants first birthday
- Special infant and child formulas, if after an assessment by a WIC Nutrition Specialist or Registered Dietitian shows a nutritional need
- Hemoglobin testing on our pregnant, postpartum and children clients, along with education on how to increase low hemoglobin with nutrition.
- Lead poisoning education to parents/caregivers
- Referrals to other health and social service programs
- The ACC WIC Program has continued to offer clients the opportunity to register to vote
ACC has one Breastfeeding Specialist on staff and three other Breastfeeding Specialists located in their 6 WIC clinics. In addition to our Breastfeeding Specialist staff, ACC WIC currently has three Certified Lactation Specialists and a Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) on staff.
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Helpful Tips: Offices have Arabic & Bilingual Speaking Staff. Call for an appointment.
Services Provided: WIC, Breastfeeding Support